ESRA PhD Travel Grant
The European Safety and Reliability Association (ESRA) is providing support for PhD and Master students for attending events supported by the ESRA association. For instance, the travel grant can be used to pay tuition fees and travel cost for attending the upcoming ESREL conference, attending a training course, or visiting a research centre or university affiliated with ESRA.
- Being a PhD or a master student irrespectively from the nationality
- The host institution must be a current member of ESRA.
- No or insufficient funds from other sources e.g. from scholarship, home institution (evidence should be included in the Justification for Grant document.
Travel costs (economic class only); subsistence (hotel, AirBnB, etc..), registration fees and visas costs.
Neither consumables nor equipment – including laptops – can be funded under this scheme.
The requested cost must be fully justified and capped at €1000.
Number of people
The travel grant normally supports only the single student. Support for additional students from the same group can be requested but should be fully justified.
The application must be submitted using the provided online form by 28 of February 2024 and a evidence of expenditure must be normally be returned by 30 November 2024.
A second call for Travel Grant will open in the second part of the year.
- Justification for Grant. Explain why you are applying for the travel grant and how attending the will benefit your research or professional development. This document should also include a declaration of lack of alternative funds available.
- Justification of resources: estimate of the costs associated with your travel, including airfare, accommodation, meals, Registration Fee and any other relevant expenses
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Current CV of the applicant.
- Letter of Support: letter of support from your supervisor, department head, or another relevant authority endorsing your travel and explaining its significance.