The focus of this technical committee is the analysis of human performance for the safe and reliable operation of complex socio-technical systems. The technical committee fosters research and collaborations on methods, applications, and on the use of analysis results for decision-making.
This committee keeps together the human reliability analysis and human factors disciplines: the ESREL conference is one of the few occasions in which both communities meet. Our aim is to jointly benefit from sharing the latest advances of both fields.
Examples of topics of interest for the committee are:
- Characterization, measurement, and models of performance influencing factors
- Integration of the human component in risk and resilience engineering
- Human performance models and data in complex socio-technical systems
- Human reliability analysis
The committee maintains close links with the
- Human Reliability Analysis Society, http://hrasociety.org/blog/
- The Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management (PSAM) Conference http://www.iapsam.org/